This weeks Scholarship of the Week is the Washington Media Scholars Fellows Program. With the Media Fellows Program, the Washington Media Scholars Foundation recognizes enthusiastic and qualified students by awarding a total of $25,000 in scholarships each academic year according to their website.
According to Executive Director Kara Watt, the grants support the academic development of undergraduates dedicated to pursuing a career related to the public policy advertising industry.
This scholarship is unique and will depend on a few things to be truly successful.
- Be Creative – it is the unique that will overcome in this new competition. The foundation is forward thinking and is focused on content over small errors. So be bold and creative.
- Be Certain – this scholarship requires someone who is certain about their path in life and career choice, so having had an internship or worked on a campaign would be a plus. They are less concerned with individual politics than they are in the potential of the student overall.
- Be On-Time – There isn’t much time for this one left, as July 30th is the deadline for this one. Check out the website and apply ASAP if you qualify.
No matter what, good luck with all of your applications this summer.
Latest posts by Jose "JR" Vazquez (see all)
- CMM 047: How I Lived On Campus For Free For My First Year - July 18, 2014
- CMM 046:How To Write The Why Us Essay w/ Ethan Sawyer the College Essay Guy - July 9, 2014
- ICYMI – FINANCIAL AID COFFEE KLATCH – JUNE 27– JULY 6 - July 7, 2014